The school’s aim is, quite simply, to have happy, secure children achieving their academic potential and, at the same time, to enjoy a wide curriculum and a wide variety of extra-curricular activities. The website gives a general overview. There is, however, no substitute for a visit, enabling you to experience the school’s working day and the positive, caring environment in which the children learn and develop.
Main Features of the School
- Strong emphasis on pastoral care
- Small class sizes
- Specialist subject teaching in all subjects from Reception
- Broad curriculum including three languages. 13 subjects in total
- Thorough preparation for external examinations, including specialist teaching in verbal and non-verbal reasoning
- Strong emphasis on the performing arts, including dance
- Wide range of sporting activities and outdoor pursuit holidays
In the most recent and all previous inspections, the school achieved the highest possible grade of 'Excellent' in all aspects.
Independent Schools Inspectorate February 2023 concluded:
“Throughout the school, pupils make excellent progress in the development of their knowledge, skills and understanding across all subject areas. They achieve at an extremely high level in all subjects, benefiting from a very broad curriculum taught by experienced, committed and knowledgeable subject specialists.”
If you are interested in finding out more about Hale Prep School and would like to visit, please contact the school office to make an appointment. Mrs Vayro would be delighted to meet you.
Whilst Hale Prep is a popular choice for many families, people do move out of the area, and school places can become available. Please get in touch with the school to check availability and, in particular, to register your interest for future reception class intake.