Personal Health Social Education and Ethics
HPS Personal Health Social Education & Ethics Curriculum
- The spiral curriculum covers Health and Wellbeing, Relationships and Living in the Wider World.
- Through the teaching of PHSE, the children learn and develop communication skills necessary for learning and life.
- Learning is memorable and provides diverse social, moral, spiritual and cultural opportunities for children to learn and develop transferable skills.
- Learning is structured to provide opportunities for children to develop as independent, confident and successful learners.
- PHSE teaching and learning are rooted in our ethos of traditional family values.
HPS is a harmonious, multi-cultural, multi-faith and multi-lingual school community. We encourage pupils to respect each other, themselves, and the environment.
Our children are taught about world faiths and experience many visits and visitors to the school. We recognise and celebrate together the major religious festivals. We greatly respect people of all religions, races and genders and ensure that our children are well-prepared for life in a rapidly changing world.
In PHSE, we raise aspirations and engender a sense of personal pride in achievement. At the end of Year 6, they know how to positively and transformationally contribute to their community and broader society. We provide a purpose and relevance for learning to help pupils find their gifts, talents, strengths and interests.