“A fabulous, nurturing, high achieving, non-selective small prep school which deserves its excellent reputation.”
Good Schools Guide 2018
The school’s aim is, quite simply, to have happy, secure children achieving their academic potential and, at the same time, enjoying a wide curriculum and an extensive variety of extra-curricular activities. The website gives a general picture of how we strive to achieve our aim, but there is no substitute for a visit which will enable you to experience the school’s working day and the positive, caring environment in which the children learn and develop. Over the years, prospective parents shown round have all concluded that it is the best way to determine the suitability of the school for their child. Might I suggest, therefore, that if you are interested in sending your child to Hale Prep you call to arrange a visit.
Main Features of the School
- Strong emphasis on pastoral care.
- Average class size 16 (maximum 18 in the juniors).
- All teachers specialise in one or a maximum of two subjects.
- Broad curriculum including three languages. In total 13 subjects.
- Specialist rooms in art, music, computing and science.
- Thorough preparation for external examinations including specialist teaching in verbal and non-verbal.
- Strong emphasis on the performing arts including dance.
- Sport and outdoor pursuits considered pivotal to children’s development.
- Individual reports on pupils’ progress by the Centre of Educational Monitoring (Cambridge).
- Three parent teacher evenings each year, two written reports and ‘open door’ access.
In addition to the six year cycle of full inspection, which can be read in full on this website, the school is subject to a three year cycle of compliance inspections. The compliance inspection determines whether the school achieves expected standards in a wide range of areas from risk assessment to staff recruitment. The latest report in the summer of 2018 found that the school is fully compliant measured against the full range of regulatory requirements.
Request a Prospectus